Monday, January 25, 2010

Menu

I feel like I struggle weekly or more bi-weekly with what to make for dinner. I like to plan out two weeks at a time and grocery shop then. I have started making a list of meals for 11-12 days (leaving room for leftovers and going out). I just write the list on the whiteboard and in the morning we pick what sounds good and I know I have the stuff in the house to make it. It’s been working out pretty well but I find that I run out of ideas. Sometimes I feel like I am just copying the menu from the previous two weeks. It’s not interesting at all and we start going out to eat more often because we are tired of the same old same old. So for today I wanted to post a new recipe and would love to hear some new recipes to try! We eat a lot of chicken or beef, but will eat most anything. I love crockpot recipes but don’t mind baking or cooking most of the day either. So let me hear it, what’s a recipe you love or even one that you would like to try?

This is one of my new favorite recipes and it’s even Weight Watchers!

Slow cooker enchiladas
7 pts per serving
1 lb ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 can (16oz) pinto or kidney beans, rinsed & drained
1 can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
1 small can tomato sauce
1 pkg enchilada sauce (dry mix) (taco sauce mix works well too)
1/3 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cyo (4oz) shredded low fat cheese
6 flour tortillas (2 points each)


In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper until beef is browned. Drain. In a bowl, add all other ingredients except for the tortillas and stir. In a crockpot, layer about ½ beef mixture, then a tortilla layer. Repeat layers with all 6 tortillas. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hrs or until heated thru. (you can also cut up tortillas and stir into mixture). I also add a little shredded cheese on the top. Serve with sour cream.
servings; 6

1 comments:

Emily's Family said...

I think we all struggle with this though. One week I have it and the next I dont

http://couponmommyof2.blogspot.com/
lots of cloth diaper giveaways