Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

Hubby’s Grandparents came home from Florida last week! What does this have to do with Tasty Tuesday? I’m glad you asked! Grandma is one of those grandmas’s that makes everything taste so good. No matter what she has made us in the past I have loved it! She has that touch. She always finds the good recipes and seasons it just right. Ever since Hubby and I got married almost 3 years ago I have been soaking up every single recipe she will give me. I didn’t have this with my grandma and I want things like this to pass on to my kids. We went to Grandma and Grandpa’s house for dinner last week and I wanted to share the recipe that she made. I made it last night again and it turned out great!

No Fuss Chicken

2/3 cup flour
1 tsp Rubbed Sage
1 tsp Dried Basil
1 tsp Seasoned Salt
1 broiler chicken (2 to 3 pounds, cut up) we both used legs & thighs just fine
¼ cup butter
2 cups chicken broth

1.In a shallow bowl, combine flour, sage, basil and seasoned salt; coat chicken.
Reserve remaining flour mixture.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter; brown chicken on all sides. Transfer to a slow cooker.
3. Add ¼ cup flour mixture to skillet; discard rest. Stir until smooth.
4. When mixture begins to bubble, stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over chicken.
5. Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2 ¼ hours or low for 6-8 hours.

Serve with mashed potatoes and veggie.

(At the end when the chicken was done cooking I had to remove the gravy and bring to a boil on the stove and add a little flour to thicken and use as gravy).

Enjoy!!

Do you have any of your grandmother’s recipes to share? Thanks!

0 comments: